Download Registration Form
How to Get your Personal Injury or Medical Malpractice Settlement Approved by the Probate Court and What to do with the Settlement Proceeds
· Determining whether a guardianship or conservatorship is needed for your client.
· Considering the impact of the settlement on public benefits.
· Choosing the appropriate vehicle for the settlement funds
(e.g., house, car, Qualified Settlement Fund, special needs trust, structured settlement annuity, etc)
· Benefits of using a corporate trustee versus a family member trustee.
· Whether to consider Medicare's future interests in a liability case and whether a Medicare Set-Aside arrangement may be required.
· Strategies for obtaining Probate Court approval of the settlement and approval of attorneys' fees and costs.
EPPT Section Members use PROMO code "MED" to receive your section member discount.
Early-bird pricing is effective until May 6, 2016.