|Corporate Cousel Division Call for Proposals|
Maricopa County Bar Association
Corporate Counsel Division
Invitation to Participate in the Division's Program Series
Prior to the official commencement of the MCBA Corporate Counsel Division's (CCD) board meetings, the Program Committee meets to develop a plan for the upcoming year's agenda of monthly luncheon programs and seminars.
The Program Committee's goal is to identify timely topics and meaningful information for corporate counsel while simultaneously designing the programs and seminars to meet the requirements of the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education ("MCLE") in Arizona, including credits required for ethics.
On behalf of the Program Committee, and the Corporate Counsel Division, we would like to extend this invitation to present a program and/or seminar during the 2015 CLE Luncheon Series.
The information below is designed to give you basic information about the Corporate Counsel Division, and its membership. In the past we've looked to our presenters to suggest the subject matter and formats for their proposed presentation. Included with your proposal should be a biography of the presenter(s).
Please submit your proposal to Laurie Williams at email@example.com (Attn: Corporate Counsel Division) by Friday, December 5, 2014 so that the Board has enough time to evaluate all proposals. We will advise selected presenters and prepare announcements to the membership of this year's agenda as soon as possible.
Should you have any questions about the Corporate Counsel Division or our Program series, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-606-3644.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated participation.
Jenny Holsman Tetreault
Division General Counsel
Maricopa County Bar Association
Corporate Counsel Division’s Program Series
Invitation to Submit Proposals due Friday, December 5, 2014
1. The Corporate Counsel Division. The Corporate Counsel Division was organized in 1980 to provide in-house lawyers with a forum for the discussion of topics germane to the varied legal issues regularly encountered by their corporate clients. Since its origin, the Division has grown to a current membership of nearly 200 lawyers which includes not only in–house counsel but also members of law firms and other business interests whose practice or area of expertise includes corporate and business representation. The Division’s membership, represent a variety of industry sectors in the Valley.
2. The 2015 Program Series. The Division generally presents programs to its membership on a monthly basis except during July and December. These take the form of luncheon programs and special seminars. Luncheons will take place the second Tuesday of each month. The following fundamental considerations have been identified:
a. Monthly luncheon programs must last for 1 hour (exclusive of Division business and introductions) to qualify the program for MCLE credit under Rule 45. This is designed to entitle participants to a credit for each luncheon program attended.
b. Monthly luncheon and seminar speakers will be required to develop and provide written materials for the luncheon programs – another prerequisite if the program is to be qualified for MCLE credit. See Regulation 104(A)(2).
c. Under the MCLE system in Arizona, monthly luncheon and seminar speakers will also receive credit toward their MCLE responsibility, calculated in accordance with Regulation 104(B)(2). For instance, a speaker at a 1-hour monthly Division luncheon may earn 6 MCLE credits. See Regulation 104(B)(2)(a)(i).
d. Suggested programs do not have to be monthly luncheon programs. If the Program Committee receives suitable topics, mini-seminars may be planned for more detailed exploration of selected topics and practice workshops.
3. Proposal Format and Content. Proposals should be submitted on the enclosed form (please feel free to make additional copies for each proposal submitted).
4. Deadline for Proposal Submission. Proposals should be submitted to Laurie Williams at email@example.com no later than Friday, December 5, 2014.
5. For further information. Contact Jenny Holsman Tetreault at 480-606-3644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.